Gabro Racing Airbox Kit for 2011-2019 TuonoV4

WSC-Neuss Shop

Gabro

ist ein V4 Fan...
After a long work on it, finally my "flat lid" for the RSV4-RF airbox conversion is ready, i've completed all the mapping needed and started selling the airbox kit, here:
https://www.apriliaspecialparts.com...stage3-aprilia-tuonov4-1000-e-1100-2011-2019/

the new custom lid, with no injectors bosses, is wonderfull :)

in that pic you can see stock Tuono airbox or right, and the kitted one on left, volume is bigger, air filter is bigger too, and flow design is improved a lot!

confronto-airbox-tuonoV4-Tuonov4-stage3-aprilia-special-parts-gabro-racing-team-01-2.jpg

typical dyno gains (airbox + matched ECU map) are here (power and torque are shown at motor)...

TV4-1000 (2011-2014):

Aprilia-TuonoV4-1000-Gabro-stage3-airbox-mod-dyno-test-ECU.jpg

2015-2016 Tuono 1100, it's the only one that keeps all 4 standard intake stacks/trumpets.
The big gain at top end is mainly due to my power restriction removal in the ECU:

Aprilia-TuonoV4-1100-2015-2016-Gabro-stage3-airbox-mod-dyno-test-ECU.jpg

and 2017+ Tuono with the homologated Akra euro4 muffler installed.
BTW i did a performane ECU map for it (and for stock exhaut) with the exhaust valve completely rewritten, and no more second gear dip in torque

Aprilia-TuonoV4-1100-2017-2018-2019-Akrapovic-euro4-stock-exhuast-Gabro-stage3-airbox-mod-dyno-test-ECU.jpg

Ciao Gabro! Great to see this coming out of your lab finally!!

This time I would go for the e4 map, but first I would like to understand better what improvements you achieved.

Do you also have dyno charts from gains at partial throttle?

I can only speak for myself of course, but I am pretty sure that these are the improvements that other riders are mainly looking for (higher top end being a nice side effect) as well:

Smoother power delivery at low RPM
Mid range gains
More power at partial throttle
No artificial restrictions
Modified exhaust valve

Can you tell us a little about these points please, especially how the valve works now?

Had the bike with the Akra euro4 only for 3 days with me, and had to finalize the map for stock and kit airbox in that limited time-frame! plus, at the end i had to restore stock airbox becouse owner did not want to change it (but he is presently changing his mind about :p )
i've had not recorded a lot of part throttle pulls on the dyno, due to little time available, have to check in dyno-pc what i have ;) (recording pulls on my dyno need me to do roller coast down with pulled clutch, and it's a bit time consuming)

full throttle pull shown a nice 2-3hp's gain in midrange (6000 to 10000rpm) and almost the same top end (custom map VS std map, std airbox on both, i may post the graph later, maybe in a dedicated thread)

Smoother power delivery at low RPM
Mid range gains
More power at partial throttle
No artificial restrictions
Modified exhaust valve

those are exhactly what i've got from it, bike owner went back from the test ride with a 32 teeth smile :) bike now is much more pleasant to ride, expecially at low rpm/low load, plus she has a better grunt off-corner. He is using that map from some weeks now and he confirms the same fuel consumpion as before, about 17Km/litre

Exhaust valve logic now is much more linear, with more "half-way" positions. Did not changed a lot the actuals full opening points, but opening now is not very abrupt as it is in stock map.
And no more second gear restriction :p

That sounds good.
From which engine speed does the exhaust flap on your map open?
Also only from 5000 U/min or earlier?

Is it possible to program that part of the map you changed
on a preconfigured map of the ECU (race, track, sport)?

Sorry for my comment... however, honestly I believe, the power gain may be only caused by calibration modification and the results (WOT) may be only measurement tolerances. Any other results?

That sounds good.
From which engine speed does the exhaust flap on your map open?
Also only from 5000 U/min or earlier?

Is it possible to program that part of the map you changed
on a preconfigured map of the ECU (race, track, sport)?

the valve map have more variables than rpm only, plus it has partial opening positions too, it's not a switch ;-) i did my best to re-calibate it to improve rideability to the max, without making the bike too noisy

no, can't do different exhaust valve mapping per different riding mode, sorry.

Sorry for my comment... however, honestly I believe, the power gain may be only caused by calibration modification and the results (WOT) may be only measurement tolerances. Any other results?

stock bike in blue, my custom ecu-reflash in green, airbox kit + it's matched ecu map in red:

68370050_2621541834620407_5310019203648978944_n.jpg

i did my best to re-calibate it to improve rideability to the max, without making the bike too noisy

Thanks for clarifying. I was actually looking for the valve logic you used in the e3 race maps, with valve closed in standstill and neutral and open when in gear or rolling.

Many riders here disable the valve to get more sound from the stock system and e4 akra, so I think there would be good demand for a map optimized on your e3 logic.

Would you consider?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks for clarifying. I was actually looking for the valve logic you used in the e3 race maps, with valve closed in standstill and neutral and open when in gear or rolling.

Many riders here disable the valve to get more sound from the stock system and e4 akra, so I think there would be good demand for a map optimized on your e3 logic.

Would you consider?

NO.. i've tested that on/off logic too, but engine react rough at low speed/low throttle. The present exhust valve setting i use is the better i've found in term of both rideability and sound

So when you say "stock map engine braking", are you referring to sport, track or race mode, Gabro?

all 3. Stock torque maps and engine brake calibrations are very very good in 17+ bikes, i had no need to alter 'em.
I've just tuned a bit the T map to "reinforce" part throttles torque.
(17+ maps keep firing one cylinder, the cylinder number 4, even when fuel cut-off condition is meet, that helps a lot in reducing engine brake)

on the other hand, bot torque maps and engine brake controls are heavily tuned in my ECU for 1000cc and 15-16 1100cc TuonoV4, becouse they needed it :)

Motoplex
Oben Unten